This section contains updates, training, resources, events, and other for those working with young people in Brighton & Hove.
- Newsletters - regular updates from the Sexual Health Action Group, THT, and more!
- Resources for practitioners - guidance and resources on contraception, sexual health and teenage pregnancy
- Training & Events- information about upcoming events, training, workshops, and seminars
Training for staff
Brighton & Hove Health Promotion Library
Provides a full library service on health promotion and public health related topics (such as sexual health & HIV, cancer, nutrition, smoking, substance misuse, mental health) for health professionals such as teachers, researchers, social workers, community workers and youth workers. Stocks books, training materials, anatomical models, teaching packs, posters and offer a free leaflet distribution service.
The Library, The Audrey Emerton Building,
The Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road
Brighton, BN2 5BE
Opening hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30am-8pm, Fri: 8.30am-5pm
Tel: 01273 523312 / 523300
Fax: 01273 523305
Useful links for practitioners
- British Pregnancy Advisory Service: www.bpas.org
- Brook: www.brook.org.uk
- Family Planning Association: www.fpa.org.uk
- Sex Education Forum: www.ncb.org.uk/sef/home.aspx
- Health Protection Agency: www.hpa.org.uk
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com with your questions or comments.